Monday, September 19, 2011

My car has been acting weird since my oil change?

The radio/cd speakers have static now and the ignition has been slow to start a few times. I can't imagine what an oil change has to do with this, but this didn't happen until right after the oil change.

I called the dealership and they said it has nothing to do with it etc.

Is this normal? And if so, how can I get rid of the static in my once pitch perfect speakers?My car has been acting weird since my oil change?Sounds like you need an alternator- if it's cranking slow, either the battery's getting weak, or not charging fully. A failing/ failed alternator diode will give you electrical noise, cause the alternator to undercharge, and can also drain your battery, depending on how it fails. I doubt it has anything to do with your oil change, unless they soaked the alternator with oil, and hit it with a hammer a few times. You need to go to a shop, and have them test your battery and charging system.My car has been acting weird since my oil change?when i once got my alternator pulley sorted it caused a static buzzing sound from my speakers, but never on an oil change they must have accidentally hit something to trigger it off. My honest opinion you will never find the cause. But as for the slow to startthere isn't too much oil in the sump, check dipstick when car is cold to make sure it's at the right mark if it is then maybe something electrical is on it's way out and may be causing the static speakers. It could be you're alternator too.