Wednesday, September 14, 2011

HELP! How far can I drive my car without an oil change?

I'll be travelling to a nearby city about half an hour away later, and I just noticed that my Kia is about 55 miles overdue for an oil change. Can it wait till tomorrow?HELP! How far can I drive my car without an oil change?Dude....I've driven about 50,000 miles (at least) without changing my oil.....I did have to keep ADDING oil of course so my engine wouldn't blow but you'll be perfectly fine. Wow, you're on top of things if you ask me.HELP! How far can I drive my car without an oil change?Yes, that's no big deal at all. Don't worry about it.HELP! How far can I drive my car without an oil change?3000 miles for an oil change is only a recommendation. Some newer vehicles suggest 5000 miles for mainly highway driving, and some new synthetic oils say they last 15,000 miles.HELP! How far can I drive my car without an oil change?it is not an emergency, but if i were you, i would get it done soon! one needs oil change usually every 2,000 miles or so! it can be done for $20 at a local auto shop! if i were you, i would tune it up at the same time, so you know your car will be in good shape for quite awhile!HELP! How far can I drive my car without an oil change?I don't recommend this to anyone but I drove 146,000 miles on my nissan pathfinder between oil changes. I got luck but I also put 450,000 miles on it before a timing chain broke and I got rid of it.HELP! How far can I drive my car without an oil change?Check Your Oil Level first.



A bit over-schedule is not any concern.



Low Level from normal consumption between oil-changes Can be.



If you have to %26quot;sacrifice%26quot; an added quart to make your trip,,and it's gonna get poured out soon at next oil-change,,,Oh Well.

Consider it Cheap Insurance.



Oil....$2.00

Engine...$2,000.00

Peace of Mind w/ proper oil level...Priceless :)



have a nice %26amp; safe trip!HELP! How far can I drive my car without an oil change?If your oil is topped up,and kind of clean, you should have nothing ot worry about.But if it's not you should change oil %26amp; filter more often.(clean oil is happy oil)HELP! How far can I drive my car without an oil change?3000 milesHELP! How far can I drive my car without an oil change?How many miles between oil changes? Most mechanics allow 3000 miles on the windshield sticker, but most manufacturers allow 5000 miles between oil changes. either way, if you're within 500 to 1000 miles past what the sticker says, you should be fine.