Monday, September 19, 2011

I let my car go too long without an oil change. Should I change it again in 1000 miles to be safe?

It's a '95 Mazda Protege, and it was 8000 miles since the last change, I just changed it the other day. I know that's a terrible idea, and I was wondering whether I would be doing any good to change it again soon, in case the new oil I just put in is going to get dirty quickly, considering how long it had been. Or, is there something else I can do to try to minimize the damage I've done?I let my car go too long without an oil change. Should I change it again in 1000 miles to be safe?Ok...I work at a oil and lube shop and I think you should change it earlier and go ahead and pay for an ENGINE FLUSH service.



We sell a BG product that comes in a kit. We check the oil level on the car to make sure it's full than add the cleaner to the vehicle and let it run for 15 minutes or so.



Than we shut the car off and pull the plug and let the oil and cleaner drain out. Than before putting the plug back in we flush it with a qrt or oil to make sure all the sludge and carbon build up comes out. Than the plug gets put back in and we add the oil and an oil conditioner that protects the engine from future sludge build up.



We recommend that the service be done every 30,000 miles or whenever the customer goes to long on the Oilchange. (over 3,000 miles.)



After you get this done it would be a good idea to put the oil condtioner in every other oil change to keep it clean until it's time for the next engine flush.



When you go for your next oil change ask for a BG engine flush. I provided a link if that helps. This service helps, I do it on my own car.



If they don't carry BG products find a shop that does. Its pretty good stuff for your car.I let my car go too long without an oil change. Should I change it again in 1000 miles to be safe?You haven't done any damage to your engine. I would change the oil filter in another 2000 miles, though. I follow the procedure the military does: Change the filter with every other oil change. I have done that for the last 30 years and my vehicles have lasted just fine.I let my car go too long without an oil change. Should I change it again in 1000 miles to be safe?there is one thing you can do. to clean the inside of your motor put in a pint of automatic transmission fluid in the oil run it no more than about 100 miles it will clean out allot of the sludge in the motor. but make sure you change the filter at the same time.I let my car go too long without an oil change. Should I change it again in 1000 miles to be safe?you can go 5000 in that car under normal conditions......8000 is pushing it i would change it again cuz its cheap then get on a regular scheduleI let my car go too long without an oil change. Should I change it again in 1000 miles to be safe?as long as you have oil in your car the car will be ok. but i suggest changing every 3500 mile. you dont want to sludge your engine!!I let my car go too long without an oil change. Should I change it again in 1000 miles to be safe?No need - just change it at regular intervals in the future.I let my car go too long without an oil change. Should I change it again in 1000 miles to be safe?just chage it every 3000, and use maybe a better quality oil since ur car is 14 years old