Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How often should I change oil on a 2008 Hyundai Elanta GLS?

I am doing 70 miles a day. It ends up being once a month I need to get my oil changed at the mechanics recommended intervals. It is getting so expensive to do this every month. Can I extended this out to more mileage then the recommended 3000 miles intervals. These are all highway miles. Normal conditions.How often should I change oil on a 2008 Hyundai Elanta GLS?You could get away with every 5000-8000 miles if you aren't what is considered a severe driver. But 66% of all drivers are. to be safe just change every 3000-4000 miles it is worth it. 20 dollars here and there is nothing to compared to the price of blowing a rod and having a complete rebuild all because you wouldn't change your oil.How often should I change oil on a 2008 Hyundai Elanta GLS?Some oil manufactures give a time limit as well as a mile limit in which you should change your oil. I would compare it to your owner manual and see which of the two is the shorter and go off of that one. It is a lot cheaper to change the oil than to change the engine or part of the engine especially if you take it to a mechanic to get fixed.



On a side note I would also make a suggestions to keep a log book on all of your maintenance, repairs and maybe your gasoline consumption. When you go to sell you vehicle later it sells a lot easier, you might be able to get more money out of it, plus it gives the next owner a record to go off of if he/she needs some repairs done.How often should I change oil on a 2008 Hyundai Elanta GLS?To be safe, change at or around 3,000 miles or 3 months like you always hear. It's better that seizing up a motor. I live in New Jersey and I don't know where you're going to get your oil changed but most places only charge $18 to $25 where I live. Or you could save even more money and do it yourself for about $14How often should I change oil on a 2008 Hyundai Elanta GLS?With quality oil and filter, you can go 10,000 miles on an oil change with highway driving. Its stop and go driving that breaks down the oil because moisture forms in the engine from heating and cooling. Buy the best grade oil and filter.How often should I change oil on a 2008 Hyundai Elanta GLS?Changing your engine oil at 5k miles is fine, just dont exceed that.How often should I change oil on a 2008 Hyundai Elanta GLS?pay me now or pay much more later.