Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I accidentally poured the aluminum seal in the engine while doing an oil change please help!?

While doing an oil change I begin pouring in the new oil and I saw part of the aluminum that seal the oil bottle fall into the engine and when I started the engine a hissing noise started and the RPMs stay elevated and when I shut off the engine I hear a bit of a grinding noise. Does anyone have any Idea how to fix this?I accidentally poured the aluminum seal in the engine while doing an oil change please help!?The odds of the aluminum piece causing the problem you have seems kind of rare. I doubt if it is hurting anything. I wonder if you did something else while you were changing your oil, like bumping a vacum hose. That would make a hissing noise and the rpm's would be high at idle. I would look for a vacum hose that came off.I accidentally poured the aluminum seal in the engine while doing an oil change please help!?You should not have started your car. Your best bet it to pull the valve cover and hope the seal is still intact or only in a few pieces.I accidentally poured the aluminum seal in the engine while doing an oil change please help!?well depending on how much of the aluminum seal you poured in it could be a problem...if it was like the size of a green pea it probabally couldnt affect anything to where something could be grinding, but if a big enough piece went in depening on where you put your oil in (im guessing the valve cover) i dont think it get any farther than in your valve cover but if it did get into your oil pan it might get sucked to the oil pump resulting in high oil pressureI accidentally poured the aluminum seal in the engine while doing an oil change please help!?Get a professional oil flush as soon as possible. The sealant can cause major problems blocking small oil flow passeges starving parts causing metal on metal wear. They cost around $100 for the oil flush.



The grinding will only get worse until the parts are worn down. And this will cost many many more times than the $100 to fix.