Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How much is it to change the oil in an '02 (or similar) C240?

I'm getting my first oil change and was quoted $120 from a drive thru type place and $111 from the dealer. Just curious if this was normal C240 oil change prices?How much is it to change the oil in an '02 (or similar) C240?WHAT? An oil change? I've never owned or even sat in one of these, but that sounds positively absurd for an oil change. I'm not sure of the year, but I looked up C240 oil capacity, and got 1.6 gallons...about 6 quarts then... Even 6 quarts of expensive synthetic oil would come only to about 40 bucks, and that's high...and a filter...let's say 10 bucks, also on the high side... So if they give you all that (and I have doubts here), and charge 10 bucks for labor...that's 60 bucks... There are places you can go ang get an oil change all inclusive for 20 bucks. So my feeling is, unless they use fully synthetic oil, and there is some incredibly ridiculous mess in changing the oil/filter on that car that makes it take a complete hour (this is also absurd), then that price needs to be taken out of their mouths and put back where it came from.How much is it to change the oil in an '02 (or similar) C240?Merceds Benszs are notorious for being expensive to maintain, $111 seems a bit steep but if the dealer is charging you less then go there