Friday, September 23, 2011

Realistically, how long can one go w/o an oil change?

I just realized I'm about 900 miles overdue for a scheduled oil change. I won't have time to get my car in until at least this upcoming Wednesday.. how much can I drive on it without killing my car?Realistically, how long can one go w/o an oil change?You should be fine. I am a mechanic and I normally change my oil every 2 thousand miles instead of 3 thousands miles. The longer you wait the more the oil breaks downs thens changing into almost like sludge. this may block oil passages burning up you motor.Realistically, how long can one go w/o an oil change?every 3 months.Realistically, how long can one go w/o an oil change?well when my uncle was younger , he never got his oil changed.lol it just helps cars run a little smoother i guessRealistically, how long can one go w/o an oil change?You'll be ok 'til Wed. provided your oil level isn't too low--top it off it's low. Just don't continue to let it go so long between oil and filter changes.Realistically, how long can one go w/o an oil change?You're ok @ 900 miles. Make sure you change it Wednesday. I'm sure you know 3 months / 3000 miles.Realistically, how long can one go w/o an oil change?well of course u should get the oil changes regularly just 4 the life of ur car which u obviously already know. i hate to admit it, but when i was in college, my parents moved away and i had to get a place of my own. well, i was and still am not very knowledgable about cars, but i drove my %26quot;college%26quot; car forever and never got the oil changed. my dad asked me on one visit if i had gotten it changed recently and i was like, %26quot;What?%26quot; i had put over 50,000 miles on it w/ NO oil change!!!!! i kid u not ,that is fifty thousand! i took it in and they had to use screw drivers to dig the gunk out! i was sooo embarassed! but, i will say after college i sold that car and it is STILL going like the energizer bunny, lol! a friend bought it and i can't believe it is actually still going. it was an 84 model chevy cavalier. i got it in '87 as a second owner. now that was a good car! lol! of course now, i get it done like i am suppose to but, i will sometimes go over the mileage on it. u should be fine unless the oil light comes on. if that happens, stop the car immediately and call for help! i have heard never to drive w/that light on. funny.....my oil light never came on in my old car. maybe it's bulb was out! lolRealistically, how long can one go w/o an oil change?oh your ok just git er done.. but when i saw only the first part of your question,i was gonna answer,realistically why would you want to find out,looking for a new car?Realistically, how long can one go w/o an oil change?if you normally do it on a regular basis you should be fine. I read some reports that say you can go up to 5000 miles between changes if you use a good motor oil.
  • back up files
  • pimp myspace
  •