Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I turn the change oil light off in my car?

I went and got my oil changed today and everytime I do, the guys never turn the light off. I know there's some sort of button I need to push under the hood or somewhere to turn it off. Does anyone know? I have a 99 Pontiac Grand Am. Please??How do I turn the change oil light off in my car?To reset the Change Oil light, open the driver's side instrument fuse panel and turn the ignition on. Press the %26quot;RESET%26quot; button and release. The light will flash. Press the button again and the system will be reset.How do I turn the change oil light off in my car?It is either the odometer or the tripometer button on your dash, press it in and hold it until it resets your oil life.Or maybe not, check your owners manual I know it is something close to what I said.How do I turn the change oil light off in my car?LOL uh CHANGE YOUR OIL!!!! The light comes on only when its indicating that your oil is low...and btw oil should NEVER be low. You're supposed to change every 3,000miles....and if the light is on then you've got a prob..How do I turn the change oil light off in my car?there is either a red reset button on the passenger side fuse box or you'll have to push the gas pedal three times in five seconds with the key on. either way, when the system is reset, the light will flash.How do I turn the change oil light off in my car?the only way i know of doing it is resting the computer in the car or taking the builb out. how to reset the computer is useally u unhook the nagative battary cable for like 30 seconds and hook it back up thats the only thing i know, not for sure that it will work for the 99 because i have a 86 and if there is a button i have no clue where it's at.How do I turn the change oil light off in my car?yeah press the oil indicator button untill it says clearHow do I turn the change oil light off in my car?Hold down the trip button (the button that resets your recent millage)How do I turn the change oil light off in my car?I dont think that is a %26quot;Change Oil Light%26quot; Normally the light that comes on is because you have either LOW or High Oil pressure and not enough oil is getting into your system. I would have it checked out. The problem might just be a sensor and only cost a few dollars. If it is a Oil Pressure system problem, that could cost you plenty if its not fixed.



If it is a model with one of those gadgets, try this...



Look at your fuse panel and there should be a circle button that says oil/reset. Turn your key to %26quot;on%26quot; and hold that button in until you hear a chime and this should turn off the light.How do I turn the change oil light off in my car?To reset the light, open the driver's side fuse panel cover. Turn the key to %26quot;on%26quot;, but do not start the car. Wait for most of the warning lights to go out, then press the red RESET button in the center of the fuse panel. The %26quot;Change Oil%26quot; light should flash. Then, press and hold the RESET button until the car chimes. Then, turn the key back to %26quot;off%26quot;, and replace the fuse panel cover. You're done.



If that fails to turn off the light, turn the key to %26quot;On%26quot; once again without starting the car. Press the gas pedal to the floor 3 times in succession, then turn the key to %26quot;off%26quot;. That should reset the light.



Here is a good read about the GM Oil Life Monitor and how it operates.How do I turn the change oil light off in my car?you need just to trun the car on not start it and push the gas 3 time fully and then shut it off and start itHow do I turn the change oil light off in my car?there is no button under the hood you should cheek your oil your self or have a Friend helpHow do I turn the change oil light off in my car?When the oil is changed it should automatically be turned off.