Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I reset the "maintenance Light" after I change the oil on my Toyota Takoma.?

The light comes on after 5000 miles. It is only telling you to get an oil change. I saw the Toyota guy do it once by pressing the odometer button a certain way. I recently took my truck to Jiffy lube. They did not do it. The light came on and I want to recyle it for another 5000 miles.How do I reset the %26quot;maintenance Light%26quot; after I change the oil on my Toyota Takoma.?look in your owners manual. with the key in the off position hold down the odometer/trip reset button and turn the key to the on position (the spot before it starts) keep holding the reset button down for around 5 seconds and you should see a count down and then the light go out. Then start the car you are doneHow do I reset the %26quot;maintenance Light%26quot; after I change the oil on my Toyota Takoma.?disconnect the battery for 20 sec.