Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Is it really necessary to change the oil on my lawn mower? If I must, what kind of oil to use?

Can I just fill it up with new oil if it gets low?



What kind of oil?



How often should the oil change be done?



And how do I do the oil change?Is it really necessary to change the oil on my lawn mower? If I must, what kind of oil to use?Yes it is for the health of the motor. The oil not only lubricates, but also cools the engine as well. So if the oil is dirty, it has particles, dirt and carbon in it that prevents it from doing its job.



Almost every engine uses SAE 30 oil. It is suggested that the oil should be changed every 25-50 hours of use, or at least once a season.



To change the oil, follow the directions outlined in the owners manual of your mower.Is it really necessary to change the oil on my lawn mower? If I must, what kind of oil to use?Don't forget to change the oil filter at the same time, if it has one!

Report Abuse

Is it really necessary to change the oil on my lawn mower? If I must, what kind of oil to use?Not necessary to change oil if it gets low use 2 stroke oil ! Hope this helpsIs it really necessary to change the oil on my lawn mower? If I must, what kind of oil to use?Is it necessary to change the oil in your car? Unless you want to buy a new lawnmower every 1 to 2 years, I would suggest doing it. Go to the hardware store and tell them what mower you have. They will sell you the right stuff.Is it really necessary to change the oil on my lawn mower? If I must, what kind of oil to use?no... you need to drain it so all of the CRAP...which is a by product of combustion runs out....if you don't have a manuel for your motor ...to check...use sae30Is it really necessary to change the oil on my lawn mower? If I must, what kind of oil to use?Should be changed at least each season. Add during the season.

Use the recommended oil for the mower. It's available at mower shops. Not auto oil.

Check your operating manual.



There should be a drain plug.Is it really necessary to change the oil on my lawn mower? If I must, what kind of oil to use?Like any other combustion engine, crankcase oil in a lawnmower should be changed, at least annually. I like to use Mobil 1 synthetic oil. It lasts longer and protects the engine better than conventional oil.



Don't use 2 stroke oil, that's made for mixing with gas to burn in 2 stroke engines.Is it really necessary to change the oil on my lawn mower? If I must, what kind of oil to use?FUNNY YOU ASKED THAT BECAUSE MY NEIGHBOR CHANGES HIS EVERY YEAR AND I NEVER O NEVER CHAGED MINE AS LONG AS I OWNED IT AND MINE LAST LONGER THAN HIS HES ON HIS SECOUND ONE AND I STILL HAVE MY FIRST ONE WITH 1 YEAR OLD GAS I WAS GIVEN A SNOW BLOWER AND GAS THAT WAS 4 YEARS OLD AND IT STARTED RIGHT UP WITH A LITTLE HELP

IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE IT THERE MIGHT BE A PLUG ON THE BOTTOM BY THE BLADES OR YOU MIGHT HAVE TO TILT THE ENGINE TO ONE SIDE AND GET THE OIL OUT OF THE FILL TUBE BUT I WILL NOT CHAGE IT I NEVER HAD A PROBLEMIs it really necessary to change the oil on my lawn mower? If I must, what kind of oil to use?If you want your mower to last any length of time, change the oil. I use 30 weight, it is an easy job to do. On my mower, has a drain plug underneath the engine, I set it on blocks and drain it, replace the plug and fill it up.Is it really necessary to change the oil on my lawn mower? If I must, what kind of oil to use?depending on usage ...yes you need to change the oil after seasonal use..............use a non detergent 30 wt oil .....................there is a drain plug underneath ALL engines pull it and drain then refill unless you want to flush the engine otherwise just drain it then replace the drain plug and refill to recomended levelIs it really necessary to change the oil on my lawn mower? If I must, what kind of oil to use?sounds like a few people here I wouldn't buy their car from!!! I wonder if they change the oil in the car as well or not???? but , YES.... every year when you sharpen the blades.... just lift the mower up on a lil ramp or something take out the drain plug and let the oil drin into a bucket.... replace the plug and fill with recommended oil (sae 30) usally..... replace blade and see how nice it cuts now!!! your gass and mower will be happy!!!