Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change the oil pressure switch on a 1996 Chrysler Concorde?

I have the 3.3ltr V-6 and it has 119000 miles. The oil light comes on when I idle after the engine is warm. It is not low on oil although it does use a quart between oil changes. My best guess is the oil pressure switch. How do I change it? A link to a diagram would be nice too.How do I change the oil pressure switch on a 1996 Chrysler Concorde?A special socket that's available at any parts store is all that's needed. Just locate the sending unit and unscrew it from the engine block. I'm presuming you have located the sending unit on the engine block. If it isn't on top of the engine block, it's usually located near the oil filter.



I don't think your low oil pressure is a fault of the switch. My experience is that when these go bad, they fail completely (light on all the time). Worn engine bearings is probably the main reason for low oil pressure.