Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How often do I need to change the oil on a car I drive 3 days a week?

When I get my oil changed the recommendation for the shop is for a certain mileage (3,000?) or three months. I don't drive much and usually at the three month mark I have half that mileage.



Should I just change it every three months and disregard the mileage recommendation or should i wait to I hit the 3,000 mile mark?How often do I need to change the oil on a car I drive 3 days a week?3,000 miles or every 6 months cause the viscocity starts to break down by then and it will lead to premature wear on your engineHow often do I need to change the oil on a car I drive 3 days a week?6 months or 3000 miles; whichever comes first.How often do I need to change the oil on a car I drive 3 days a week?If you don't get to the recommended mileage, change it every 6 months.How often do I need to change the oil on a car I drive 3 days a week?just wait until you reach the 3000 mark. you should,nt need it changed just yet.