Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How often should I change the oil in my car?

I drive a 2006 Civic. The owners manual just says it should go to the dealer every 10000km for servicing. Should i do an oil change at that time only, or sooner?How often should I change the oil in my car?Most newer cars also come with a Maintenance Guide which is more detailed than the owners manual and will usually explain at least two different maintenance schedules to you -- basically one for moderate to heavy usage and one for light to moderate. If you did not get one ask your local factory authorized dealer that provides service for your vehicle to provide you a maintenance schedule that follows factory guidelines.



If you do not want to think about it and make sure that you maximize the engines life, every 3000 miles is usually suggested. If however you live in a warm non-dusty place like Florida and just drove your car casually most manufacturers suggestions would be to change your oil every 7500 miles. So make sure you consult your factories suggestions based on your driving patterns, you may be able to save a lot of money and do a little to help save the planet by not dumping more oil than you need to.How often should I change the oil in my car?If you want maximum life and performance not more than 3,000 miles between oil changes! Forget the owners manual, that was specifically written with the intention of selling you another new vehicle within 3-5 years!How often should I change the oil in my car?The first oil change should be at or around 500 miles. After that every 3000 miles is recommended. What this is in kilometers i don't know.How often should I change the oil in my car?Once every 3000 miles or once every 3 months. Whichever comes first.How often should I change the oil in my car?every three thousand miles and rotate your tires every five thousand-these are just basic maintenance things to do always!How often should I change the oil in my car?oil should be changed every 3 months or 3000 miles. whichever comes firstHow often should I change the oil in my car?Actually it depends on how you use your car..If you make a lot of short trips then a 3000 mile oil change would be recommended...but if you do a lot of long trips then you can probably go another 1000 miles between oil changes.... always use a good quality oil and filter...How often should I change the oil in my car?sooner.. i have an 06 altima and they have me get my oil changed every 5,000 miles, most cars need oil changes every 5,000 miles or lessHow often should I change the oil in my car?It depends on a car and on the quality of oil as well. On average, its every 7000 kilometers, but with very good quality oil it can go up to 10 or 15 thousand kilometers. thats what i do:)How often should I change the oil in my car?What you should do is look at the specs on the oil that you will put into your car. You owner's manual will recommend a certain type of oil. This oil has been tested and it will give you a certain mileage at which point you will have to replace. Always follow the schedule because if you don't as the viscosity in the oil begins to break down, your engine will pay the price in the long run.How often should I change the oil in my car?Follow the owners manual. Jiffy Lube and similar companies did a good job of selling the 3 months or 3000 miles (approx. 5000 km) myth. Creates more business for them.
  • islamic heaven
  • sides of my fingernails
  •