Friday, June 3, 2011

When should I change the oil on my new ford fusion?

After how many miles should I change the oil on my 2008 Ford Fusion? In the maintenance book that came with car it says my first maintenance should be at 7500 miles. Do you agree with this? It seems like 7500 miles is a lot. Are there some precautions I should take? Do you think i need to take it in earlier to get the oil changed?When should I change the oil on my new ford fusion?Joe,



Do what your manual tells you to do, end of story.

Things change over time and the service intervals of your new car's engine are no exception.



Enjoy your new car and if anything use a good quality oil.When should I change the oil on my new ford fusion?Well, my dad taught me to change it every 3000 miles, just like many people do. However, I read an article a couple of years ago (don't know where) that stated that today's engines don't need the oil changed every 3000 miles because of the advancement in the design and cleanliness of them. The engines of 10-20 years ago and beyond, weren't as efficient internally (not fuel economy wise) as today's engines, and, therefore, required that the oil be changed every 3000 miles due to more frictional wear on the oil. If the manual says 7500 miles, then change it every 7500 miles. I, however, still change mine every 3000 miles because that's how I was brought up to do it.When should I change the oil on my new ford fusion?My 2007 Fusion says to have a maintenance every 5,000 miles. However I remember reading something that Ford decided that was too often, and converted to every 7,500.



Just my opinion here, but I think every 3,000 is too often and every 7,500 is not enough. I like my 5,000 mile interval.When should I change the oil on my new ford fusion?ive read the same article as the above guy, but they also proved that wrong, and that seams like alot of mileage for a car and also keep in mind that the manual is assuming your going to be the most courteous driver on the road that never does over the speed limit, so unless your one of the 3 people on the road that does that, i would say 3000 miles for regular oil and 5000max for syntheticWhen should I change the oil on my new ford fusion?About every 4,000 miles but if you only change it every 6,000-8,000 miles it will still work fine just be sure to use high quality oil the off-brand kind sometimes can ruin a car engine.When should I change the oil on my new ford fusion?to 3,000 miles untill you get to 50,000 total miles,

then you can extend to 45000 milesWhen should I change the oil on my new ford fusion?The book is correct.When should I change the oil on my new ford fusion?Well some say every 3000 miles my dad will say 10,000 but I think it should be sooner
  • hair weave
  • see property for sale
  •