Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I reset oil change alert?

I have a 2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 4x4 and just got the oil changed and need to reset the oil change warning. Does anyone know how to do that. Also what is the recommended mileage between oil changes, my book says 6000 miles. Regular oil breaks down after 3,000 miles and didnt say anything about synthetic oil. So what is the best thing to use and how long to wait in between.How do I reset oil change alert?Oil braking down after 3000 miles is a old tail there is no way that oil brakes down in your engine It my get dirty but not brake down the oil that is recycled for reuse as moter oil if it is done properly is better then because all of the impurities are gone because of the heat If Dodge says 6000 do it that keeps the wornty goodHow do I reset oil change alert?turn ur truck on the on poss not start it and push the gas 3 or 4 times then turn off then start it should go off be on a flat area u cant hit the brakes