Friday, June 3, 2011

What do you think about a Mobile oil change service?

I am doing a survey to see how many people would use this service.I have been to walmart and jiffy lube and had to wait 2 hours to get a oil change.So i decided to reserach this idea and found a company that offer a van,equipment and training for 15,000.With tihis service we will come to you.Our customers would be individuals,business complexes and small fleets.We would offer the same service as jiffy or walmart but the difference

is that WILL COME TO YOU.Saving you time and at your convience. All response are important,thanks for you opinion.What do you think about a Mobile oil change service?there is a vehicle that does that in my town. I think it is great! Like you said, waiting upwards of an hour sucks. I call them and they come to my work with the filters and everything on hand and have it done before I go to lunch. I think it is a great idea and a great opportunity.What do you think about a Mobile oil change service?I do my own oil changes, thank you. Cheaper, and it gets done right.What do you think about a Mobile oil change service?Sounds like a business with a clear market potential. No doubt people would like the convenience.



But it seems to me you could get started for WAY less than $15k.



Set up a commercial account with your local NAPA to buy your filters, schedule your work a day in advance. Stop by NAPA first thing to pick up what you need, and get to work. Nothing to it. If you already have a car and basic hand tools, you could be in business for less than $500.



It seems to me that the key to making money doing this is to minimize the amount of time you spend driving from one job to the next. The key would be to find a way to do as many oil changes at each stop as possible. You might, for example, come up with something where you do one oil change for $29.95 (or whatever), but if you can do three at the same stop, then each one only costs $24.95, etc. Give your customers an incentive to cross market to their co-workers.